"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Thursday, June 4, 2009

morning run and track workout...

Wednesday morning:

Ran a easy 8:30 minute mile pace for 3.7 miles in the morning within our neighborhood region before work...today is National Running Day!

Wednesday evening:

I ran at the local community college track with the group know as "Fast Track Racing Team" with had about 43 people show up of various abilities. They had on the schedule pending the group you run with anywhere from 6 to 7 one mile repeats. Since this is is only the second time I have run with the team this season and I was still recovering from the double 30k an-aerobic cycling TT's on Sunday I only ran 4 of them focusing on pushing the last 600 meters of mile to turn a nice negative split to fight though fatigue. Each one felt pretty decent for me as I was able to acheive this type of workout as planned...

Also I ran a 2.1 mile warm-up, 6 - 100 meter stride-outs and a half mile cool-down. Total mileage for the workout came in at 7.6 miles...

A double run day in the books for me :-)

b

No comments: