"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Tecumseh via a stop or two in Chicago...

Well it's about that time to start-up a new info for my upcoming races later this summer and fall. Normally the Chicago Marathon would be my goal race for the fall but this year it's taking a backseat to other racing endeavors. So I will use Chicago as one of my long training runs towards the race I'm looking forward to the most in early December - The Tecumseh Trail Marathon near Bloomington, IN...even though it really hurt last year it was my favorite race of 2008 :-)

As my biking is my focus sport through the end of August this summer I won't be able to do alot of proper training towards Chicago as I'm really gearing up for hammering the bike portion of the Chicago Triathlon with my teammates Jillian (swimmer) and Dave-O (runner) in the coed relay division. If all the stars are in alignment on 08.30.09 we have a strong shot of winning this division! Also I'm racing more cycling time trials this summer & fall ;-)

After the Chicago Marathon I can ramp-up my training towards the Tecumseh Trail Marathon and really enjoy this racing challenge!

Thanks for following along the journey!

b

No comments: