"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

phase.2 of catch-up...

Thursday morning 06.18.09:

Speedwork number two for the week via the Computrainer since big t-storms were forecasted for the evening. When I woke-up I had enough time to get in part of my required cycling training workout which turned into 1 hour and 15 minutes of speedwork. On the plate was one mile TT style repeats with a one mile recovery segment to simulate the Thursday evening VCS mile repeat ride.

I started off with 15 minutes of warm-up in the Ergo mode of the coaching software getting my body & legs ready for this focused workout. On the computer screen I watched for the next even mile to turn up to start my first one mile repeat at that time giving it my all as I turned up the wattage resistance to an exceptable level to handle this blast into the lower end of my HR red zone tapping on anaerobic at this point. As that mile completion I went into a recory spin mode by bringing down my resistance wattage to a higher zone 2 HR level for me...repeat this process many times until I hit the cool-down timeframe at one hour and 7 minutes into this ride. The eight minute cool-down is more than enough to bring my HR down about 90bpm so that's fine.

For reference each speedy mile repeat was in the timeframe of 2:20 to 2:30 and the recovery miles took about 4 minutes each...it was a very good & challenging cycling workout!

I planned later that night to ride another 45 minutes but I was exhausted from the long day already and canned that idea...btw...it never rained that night ;-)

Friday morning 06.19.09:

Recovery day for a 41 minute spin on the Computrainer keeping my eye on my HR so it stayed in zone 1 during this shorter ride...mission accomplished!!!

b

No comments: