"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Saturday, June 13, 2009

its been along time...

Saturday morning:

K and I headed down to Montrose Harbor early this morning as its the first session of the CARA Chicago Marathon training group that leaves out of that Lake Michigan area. She is a group pace leader once again this year as I have choosen not to sign-up for CARA training since alot of my biking long rides will take place way out in the 'burbs on Saturdays.

So today I ran a solo 10 miler southward along the lakefront and back in the rainy conditions with a stout breeze in your face for the final 5 miles. I felt pretty decent considering on Wednesday evening and Thursday I had a fever which finally broke later on thursday evening. My 10 mile run time was 1:24:44 with an average HR of 136bpm & max HR at somepoint of 151bpm while I was passing a huge training group. The last time I ran was the Saturday before but I have cycled alot during this week...

Afterwards all us usual suspects went out for breakfast at Nookies to celebrate the kick-off of the training season :-)

Now I'm resting and recovering as I have a 33.3k Cycling TT up in Harvard, IL in the morning ;-)

b

1 comment:

Trishie said...

hope the TT went well :)