"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

continuing the cycling...

Tuesday evening June 23rd 2009:

With the heat index outside well over a 100+ degrees the a/c in the home was working overtime to keep the house cool. I set-up two floor fans as always in front of me but this time on high as I set out on my next CompuTrainer workout on the schedule which was an hour & 45 minute ride with 8 by 5 minute threshold efforts with one minute recovers between each interval...something new for me in the books!

As I used the CT ergo coaching mode on the system which allows me to control the watts resistance to acheive a proper workout I started off with a progressive warm-up through minute 35 then I went right into my first 5 minute threshold blast followed up by a "oh my too short" recovery then right into the next 5 minute interval...repeat 8 of these this total seemed daunting to me but I remained focused and got through them just fine :-)

At about the an hour and twenty three minutes into the ride finally came the cool-down portion after the intervals as I spun-out my legs to help recover them which believe it or not actually works.Average HR for the ride was 123bpm with a max on the last inteval of 153bpm...at 1:45:00 my CompuTrainer ride was done for the night!

Glad that one was over with :-)

Wednesday June 24th 2009:

Complete rest & recovery day from any sort of exercising as the temps in our region were only getting hotter!

b

No comments: