"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Monday, June 29, 2009

continuing catch-up...

Sunday morning June 21st 2009:

I figure it’s about time to get in a training run this day since it has been 8 days since I last ran a training run. The Chicago marathon (proper training) has taken a couples steps down the priority training ladder this summer, well at least through the end of August so I’m not expecting a PR race at Chicago this October…it will be more of a fun run.

My choice was to go up to Barrington Hills to run the Home Economist 10.6 mile hilly run with a couple extra miles added to the distance. I decided to start running at 6:30am as the weather was hot, humid, muggy any no wind at all. My legs weren’t in too bad of shade from the previous days hard effort bike ride up in the hills of Verona Wisconsin. I chugged along solo at a comfortable LSD pace of an average 8:59 mile for a total of 12.4 miles. When I finished I had consumed all the electrolyte solutions in my running belt along with the 5oz of EFS liquid shot (gel) plus 4 electrolyte/sodium tablets…felt like I just finished running in the desert I was so thirsty!

Monday evening June 22nd 2009:

Hot and humid weather was still in our region so I waited till about 8pm to start my recovery run which I planned to be just 45 minutes long. Within a few short moments I knew things were not going to be pretty at all as my body was exhausted from the two days of hilly training over the weekend. I shut things down at 33 minutes it’s the run and was drenched with sweat and fatigue…this was one of those sloth style runs…oh well.

b

No comments: