"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

blog catch-up...

Well I've been slackin' on my blog entries recently so here's a couple of training days from earlier last week...remember my training is 95% cycling focus thru the end of August 2009 with very little base training in the running category...

Monday morning June 15th 2009:

Easy recovery spin on the Computrainer device in the house on a chosen 10 mile flat TT course where via the training software I can control the about of wattage I am training at in 10 watt increments. The ride was quite un-eventful as I kept my HR in the lower zone 5 lever for full benefit of this easy, recovery day…about a 40 minute spin!
.
Tuesday evening June 16th 2009:
.
Very specific biking workout via the coaching software on the Computrainer this evening as the ride time was a duration of 1 hour and 45 minutes of 4X10min threshold efforts (touch zone 1 in the HR zone) then two minutes rest between efforts. I used the first 38 minutes of the ride via the CT as a warm-up towards these threshold efforts by controlling the wattage resistance once again to ramp up my HR for these efforts.

Once I start my threshold portion I ramp the resistance wattage up to 300 watts and hold on as long as I can to get my HR to just at my red zone then I back the wattage down to about 260 and hold onto that 10 minute threshold effort…then repeat that 3 more times with 2 minutes recovery between each…these are leg burners but I know there only going to build my cycling conditioning to the next levels!

I get in about 15 minutes of cool-down which is greatly appreciated at this point…good stuff


Wednesday June 16th 2009:

I choose this day as my complete rest/recovery day from either cycling and/or running…much needed at this point!

b

No comments: