"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Monday, March 2, 2009

a fraction of exercise time...

Sunday afternoon:

After an unproductive Friday & Saturday on the exercising front due to more important things in life I had a sliver of exercise time mid-afternoon Sunday to get in a 1 hour bike ride via the Cannondale on the Kinetic rear wheel trainer. After adjusting the seatpost saddle height just 5mm taller to help get the proper leg extension during pedaling I hopped on the bike with two fans going along with the dvd of the mtn Stage 15 of 2005 TdF for inspiration and anyway I went on a biking endurance workout. After the first ten minutes of proper warm-up spinning I started the endurance burn by selecting smaller gears on the rear cassette till at about minute 15 I found the right selection of proper gears to get me into the proper endurance burn HR zone. I worked it like this until minute 55 when I use the last 5 minutes for cool-down.

The stat’s for ride looked like this; 60 minutes of ride time for 16.5 miles covered which works out to an easy calculated 16.5mph average speed with a max speed around minute 50 of 20.8mph. Average HR worked out to be 115bpm but a lot to the riding was in the 120/130bpm zone with a max of 139bpm at about minute fifty-five. My average cadence was back to being nice again at 91rpm with a max spin-up during warm-up being at 100rpm.

Now that’s the kind of training ride I needed :-)

b

1 comment:

Trishie said...

nice ride, b!