"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

rain, rain go away!!!

Tuesday evening:

Well my bad luck struck again last night while attempting to get in my scheduled run repeat workout session outdoors. I was about a half mile into the run when the clouds opened up on me once again monsoon style with the winds to accompany it also. I then looped around back home to only get in a 1.2 mile run in 11:07 for the evening…back-up plan was now to be activated.

Once in the house I swapped out the running clothes for my biking outfit to hop on the Cannondale via the Kinetic trainer in the house to burn-off some frustration for my lack of proper running. I watched stage 16 mountain climb of the 2005 TdF for continued inspiration & motivation. I focused this one hour spin an aerobic building ride which is describe as "To develop local muscle endurance and mental patience"…perfect for re-focusing! Another thing I focused on during this spin was holding an higher cadence than I have not been able to hold during Computrainer class.

I ended up getting in a nice ride via the trainer and met my goals for this impromptu workout. I covered 17 miles in the one hour speed which as a perfect 17mph pace…ez calc :-) with a max speed of only 19.1mph. My average HR was at a nice biking aerobic level of 126bpm with a max HR several times at 141bpm during several 5 minute smaller cassette gear intervals. I’m happy to say I met my average cadence goal of 94rpm with a max of 104rpm.

The Polar chart link if interested ;-)
http://www.twodogzdesign.com/cycle09/031009.JPG

b

No comments: