"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Monday, March 23, 2009

oh yeah...

Saturday morning:

I headed downtown to the lakefront path earlier than normal this day solo as K went an hour later to meet up with her friends as she’s on a taper down week towards the Lakefront 50k on April 4th 2009. This day I needed to run a one hour & forty five minute 3/1 run as next weekend I won’t have the proper opportunity to run this correctly plus I was still upset with my training run performance the weekend before at the March Madness half marathon out in hilly Cary, IL. Positives can be found from poor runs as that one has really jump started my running focus once again.

As I started at 6:55am headed south along the lakefront path I choose to run into the SE winds coming off Lake Michigan for some added resistance early on in the run. The path was nice and quiet this early as I knew it was going to get crowded later on as the sunny warmer weather was moving in. I maintained a nice and consistent pace headed southward plus I felt great testing out my 2008 DS Trainer 14’s on a mid-distance run. I got to my turn-around point near Soldiers Field and started back northernly to pick-up my pace slowly so I actually felt so comfortable that this run really turned into a 2/1 run instead. I was able to hit my max HR right near the very end at 154bpm. I covered 13.15 miles per the Garmin 305 in my required timeframe of 105 minutes. My average HR worked out to be 138bpm which is perfect for my required workout for the day.

Below are my split times for the out and back run:
56:11
48:51

Not a bad negative split…another redemption training run in the books for the week :-)

b

No comments: