"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Friday, March 6, 2009

the great winds...

Thursday evening:

Well I needed to get in my 40 minute tempo run as per my training schedule so I choose to run this in the confines of our health club for one main reason over outdoors…sure it was warmer outside last night but the constant 25 to 35 mph winds out of the SSW with gusts to 40mph are not optimal conditions for me to get a proper tempo run correctly. So I ran my tempo run utilizing the indoor track & treadmill for my specific workout.

On the indoor track I ran a 2.2 mile warm-up to pick-up pace and then I jumped on the treadmill for the speed side of things for 10 minutes in which I covered 1.35 miles with an average HR during this at 135bpm and max at the ending minute at 148bpm. After that I headed back up to the track for a 1.2 mile cool-down portion. During my 40 minutes I covered 4.75 miles in 41:04 for an average HR of 125bpm.

After my run as I walk out to my car realizing I made the right choice where to run tonight as the wind was absolutely brutal in our region!

b

No comments: