"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Sunday, March 22, 2009

revenge...

Tuesday evening:

Attempted recovery run went sour just after one mile after my body was still beat-up and I still suffer from gi issues...return home...to much info?

Wednesday evening:

Health Club time after work as redemption for last night and poor performance at March Madness. If I'm gonna reach my Indy Mini goal I have to push myself to the next level of training! Impromtu speedwork that had strides, intervals and one mile tempo blast thrown in for good measure.

Started off with a two mile warm-up on the indoor track as I continually picked up my pace after each lap (5 laps to one mile ratio). Then I ran another mile on the track but running the 125 meter straight aways (10 total in that mile) as intervals with running recovery around the corners. After those went by well I ran another mile on the track at an 8:30 mile pace.
I then jumped on the treadmill and ran a pick-up mile tempo run starting at a 7:30 pace and finsihing with a 6:54 pace. That mile took me 7:14 to run with an average HR of 145bpm and max HR at the very end at 156bpm.


I then went back to the indoor track and ran a 9 minute cool-down mile...6 miles total for the night in 50:55 with an average HR of 131bpm...that one one solid redemption run and felt great!

b

No comments: