"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

who cares about runners...

Tuesday night:

I decided to wait till after 7pm in our neighborhood to run my 1k repeats after a very light dinner. The temps were still at 74 degrees then with no wind at all with ~80% humidity so I ran in August style running clothes during this run...good training if it's warm & muggy as it can be at the Indy Mini.

Per the FIRST half program I'm following and the McMillian calulations to wishfully think I might run a 1:37 half at Indy my projected 1k long-distance runner times needed to be in a zone of 4:06 to 4:16 with 3 minute recoveries in between each...

Below are my 1k split times with average & max HR values:

4:21 - AHR 150bpm - MHR 156bpm
4:22 - AHR 149bpm - MHR 158bpm
4:29 - AHR 148bpm - MHR 154bpm
4:26 - AHR 148bpm - MHR 156bpm
4:21 - AHR 149bpm - MHR 156bpm


As you can see I was well off the pace even after a easy 2.1 mile warm-up. Repeat #3 I had to dodge a car whom didn't even care about anyone else on the rode and on repeat #4 several pedestrians crossed right infront of me abruptly. Even so I'm not even close to the pace I would like to run at the half in 10 days times.

Total mileage for the night was 7.4 miles at an average HR of 131bpm...

b

No comments: