"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Friday, April 11, 2008

total recovery spin...

Since last weekend things have been rather hectic for me as K & I traveled to the Marathon and flew back home very quickly after the race was over. Both of our vehicles have required some serious repair issues due to the nature of our Chicagoland winter (which still continues ) so each night afterwork I drive down in Chicago by the lakefront to my good friends European import repair/race shop to drop-off one car and the next evening do the same routine so tonight I finally pick-up repaired car number two. Also I have been preparing my TT/Tri-bike for a my first cycling 20k Time Trial this Sunday up in southern Wisconsin…at this point Mother Nature is forecasting snow for our region Saturday evening thru Sunday morning…go figure? Even though Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were non-exercise days for post-marathon recovery I’m still feeling wore down…whatever!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday morning:

I rode my tri-bike via the Kinetic Trainer for 40 minutes this morning to help speed up my recovery process and much to my surprise the ride felt really good. I spun the small chainring upfront with easier gears on the rear cassette to help maintain a level 1 ride with slightly higher cadence values. 11.7 miles were covered in that time at 17.5mph with an average HR of 105 (still recovering) and an average cadence of 94rpm. It felt really good to casually exercise once again…

So right now I’m doing the non-snow/rain dance for the biking TT this coming Sunday...they are predicting snow on Saturday thru Sunday morning still...

b

No comments: