"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

sweaty...

Monday evening:

Since it’s only a few weeks time before the Indy Mini half marathon race on May 3rd 2008 this week I will resume some form of interim training towards this event. I will be following a slightly modified to fit my schedule Furman Institute of Running FIRST half marathon training program leading up to the half marathon event.

On the schedule per the FIRST program was a 5 mile mid-tempo run with a w/u before and c/d afterwards. I starting running on the health club treadmill at about 7:30pm later last night and as unfortunately usual it was warm & stuffy in there. Below is my 5 mile tempo time with all the good details:

5 miles mid-tempo – 36:35 – pace 7:19 – AHR 147bpm – MHR 158bpm


I ran a total of 6.5 miles with w/u & c/d included at a varying 0, .5 and 1 degree incline throughout the run. I achieved my max HR right at the finish of the tempo run as I cranked the mile pace to 6:54 which helped me to bump up the LT level during this tempo run. This run did me in and was exhausting to say the least…

So today I’m taking a rest day from any sort of exercising to let my body heal up some more…and wouldn’t it figure it’s a beautiful weather day outside...


b

No comments: