"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Gravel run...


Saturday morning:

K & I headed down to Lake Michigan to get in a run earlier Saturday morning of about ten miles to keep our condition going towards the Indy Mini half in three weeks time. Kristen ran one recovery run weds evening after the marathon and I did not run till this lakefront run...

I ran with some controlled anger for a couple reasons for 10.3 miles and the run felt fabulous. Temps were at 40 degrees with a little rain the whole time we were out there with the usual lakefront swirling wind...I could have used this day a week ago

Anyhow with my body still recovering I covered the 10.3 miles in 1:24:59 for a mile pace of 8:15. My average HR was slightly high even in the cooler temps at 144bpm with a max at one point near the end at 157bpm.

That run felt really good and thats exactly what I needed

b

No comments: