"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Saturday, April 12, 2008

some random thoughts...

A couple observations for the near and mid future:

I don't know yet if I'm gonna follow the FIRST program again after the last two marathon training programs following the FIRST advanced marathon training has yet to net me the results I'm looking for...time will tell on that final decision.

As for the Chicago Marathon 2008 I will not be focusing on this race for a proper 16 week training cycle heading into this 'thon. To be honest I'm really looking forward to the Half Ironman Race on August 2nd 2008 in Benton Harbor Michigan "Steelhead" This is my next peak race of this season plus I will be able to cycle 56 miles in this race which is where my real sporting talent is at...I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this event.

b

1 comment:

Tea said...

Y'know...my favorite distance is the half marathon. I just love the fact that it's a race that requires that extra OOMPH. Speed plus pacing....WOW....tough race...

It makes sense that I love the half iron too, huh? Even though it KICKS MY BUTT, I keep going back for more. :)