"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Thursday, April 24, 2008

ice is nice...

I failed to mention I took a 20 minute ice bath after the 1k repeats on Monday evening...my body core temperature was very hot!
---------------------------------------------------------
the heat definitely crimped my pace the other night and yes, unfortunately I'm kinda in an exercise funk right now I'm doing my best to snap out of it but I haven't mentioned this before but since mid-February I have been dealing with some personal health issues that have unfortunately only gotten worse overtime...I will write more about that at a later time but for now mentally I'm doing my very best to work thru these challenges
--------------------------------------------------------
Wenesday night:

I decided to ride my tri-bike via the Kinetic trainer at home in the office room as the Galena Duathlon is approaching rather quickly. As a cross-training activity to the FIRST program I needed to keep things at a manageable pace on the bike so I focused the ride in the level 2 to 3 zone with a quick repeat at the end which took me into the level 4 category...

I rode for 50 minutes with 3 fans focused right on me to minimize the sweat & to stay cool. I did a proper 12 minute warm-up and 10 minute cool-down at the end. In between I had two sets of 2 minute repeats w/one minute recovery between each. The first set had 3 repeats and the second set had 4 repeats.

I covered 14.9 miles in that time frame for an average rate of speed of 17.9mph with a max speed of 31.4mph at one point. My average HR was 114bpm with a max on my last repeat at 146bpm. Average cadence was nicely placed at 94rpm with a max cadence during a repeat at 113rpm, I focused on 100+ cadence during the repeat portions to maximize the workout routine.

That was a very satisfying workout

b

1 comment:

Tea said...

Bri-I'm sorry you are dealing with some health issues. That takes priority over everything. I'll be thinking about you and hope that either have an end in sight or you have a way to manage it.

I'm also sorry that I haven't kept up daily. I try keeping up on Hal's forum, but it's too hard. I have the best of intentions while I'm training then I get home and usually just want to eat and sleep and shower. :)