"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

petri dish...

Monday evening:

Went straight to the health club at 5pm right afterwork to get this ‘little 3 mile FIRST schedule run in for the day. The weather in our region changed from 35 degrees at noon to 61 degrees by 5pm with brutal winds outdoors hence why I went to the treadmill to run but the fieldhouse felt like it was at least 80 degrees inside and 1000% humidity! Plus the young woman that was deathly ill run on my favorite treadmill last Monday was back at it again still sick and blowing her nose every minute into her health club towel…gross, gross, gross! Conditions where ripe like a petri dish in the club fieldhouse…needless to say I stayed as far away as possible from her this finally week of taper madness.

Back to the run…it was a 1 mile w/u then 2 miles at projected 8 minute mile marathon pace and that was it. Below are my 2 mile tempo run stats:


15:53 – 7:56 mile pace – AHR 136bpm – MHR 142bpm

My HR was still high from the run the day before and the heat/humidity added to the high HR variable also…I guess maybe I should have run outside in the 35mph winds.


Tuesday late afternoon I have my pre-race massage as I always do 5 days before a marathon…


b

No comments: