"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Sunday, April 27, 2008

dreaded 'mill...

Thursday evening:

I needed to run a 6 mile FIRST run last night with a warm-up 2 mile portion then 3 miles at short-tempo pace (~7:00 miles) then finish with a mile cool-down. I headed over to the health club after work and was able to hop on my favorite treadmill, so as I up'd the incline to one degree and slowly quickened the pace I noticed my legs were just not striding 100%...it was more like 50% and very painful in my glutes, hammies and calves...usually that feeling melts away quickly!

So I decide to make a quick call and modify both the workout and the mileage. After a mile w/u I did 3 - half mile repeats with a quicker recovery run/jog of a quarter mile in between them then a mile c/d...below is my half mile split info:

3:36 - AHR 138bpm - MHR 142bpm
3:32 - AHR 142bpm - MHR 146bpm
3:35 - AHR 144bpm - MHR 147bpm


I ran a total of 4 miles in 32:59 with an average HR of 131bpm. To be honest the run was quite painful so hence why I modified the workout...

Tomorrow will be the test to see how I feel during my 8 mile lakefront run in the morning...

b

No comments: