"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Saturday, April 19, 2008

three wolves...

Saturday morning:

K & I headed down to the lakefront so that we could run our scheduled last long run for the Indy Mini half marathon in two weeks time. She was able to run with her group of friends since they were running twelve miles also.

The weather was damp and around 50 degrees with low cloud cover which made the run very nice in these conditions. I was scheduled to run 13 at a approximate ~7:40 mile pacing per the FIRST half marathon training schedule. I covered the 13 miles in 1:41:00 flat which is a 7:46 mile pacing which was the best I could give it yesterday out there. My average HR was 143bpm and I reached a max HR in the last half mile of 155bpm. My best miles were the opening 4 miles and then the closing 4 mile segment. The middle miles just felt like I was training at marathon long run pacing, just couldn't get the legs & body to move at proper speed throughout the run duration.

Afterwards we all went out to a great breakfast joint on Michigan Ave just near Balbo known as "Yolk". The food was great and truely needed When I got home I took a 30 minute ice bath to help aid in a speedy recovery...

b


No comments: