"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Thursday, August 14, 2008

thick air...

Thursday morning:

I woke-up really early this morning to get in a run before heading off to work. I started running at 5:30am and immediately notice the humidity was 100% thick with no wind what-so-ever as we received a lot of rain last night & throughout the night time. As I ran my 2.2 mile warm-up I noticed my body was still exhausted from all the racing I have done over the last two weekends, this week I have been really tired every day since Monday morning.

After the warm-up I attempted 400 meter repeats with 90 second recoveries after each but after the fourth repeat I canned the speed work since my body was telling me "No Go!". My 400’s were in the time zone of 1:44 to 1:43 which is about 10 seconds slower than where I normally run them at plus the other signal was my max HR was only 140bpm which means my body is recovering still.

So I then decided to just run at a comfortable pace to get in some mileage for the day. My legs started to finally feel better after the 5th mile but I contained myself from turning this now into a tempo run…my body just needs some recover miles right now. I ran a total of 6.3 miles in 55:08 with an average HR of 118bpm…I’m glad I ran this morning though!


b

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Sometimes you gotta listen to your body, especially in this humidity! Good workout B!