"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Friday, August 15, 2008

bike is back...

Yesterday I got the call from the bike shop that my tri-bike was repaired with a new replacement Shimano bottom bracket so I picked up the bike afterwork.

K bought me this really nice b-day present way back in 1994 for my Cannondale which at the time was the top of the line stuff made by Grafton. She bought me the Grafton titanium bottom bracket shown below and the Grafton aluminum 177.5mm crank arms to go with it. The bb was super smooth, much better than the stock Shimano bottom bracket...


Since the bike frame is so old they could only use a Shimano economical bottom bracket as a replacement since they can't modify the bike to work with modern technology BB's...but the bike is rollin' again :-)

b

No comments: