"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Friday, August 15, 2008

biking repeats...

Thursday evening:

Last night after work I picked up my tri-bike at the bike shop after I was notified by them that a new bottom bracket was installed and the bike was repaired. I decided to join to cycling group for some biking repeat mileage to make sure everything was ok with the bike. It felt good to get on the tri-bike again as it has felt like ages since I last rode the bike. My other plan for the ride was to just get in some base mileage for the week and to access how my body felt during the ride towards this Sundays Olympic distance triathlon. I purposely held back on the intensity & distance of the repeats as my body appreciated the recovery effort.

Below are my top 3 cycling repeats for the night by time, distance, average & max mph, average HR and average cadence:

1:40 - .777 mile – average 27.8mph – max 32.1mph – average HR 128bpm – average cadence 104rpm
1:34 - .714 mile – average 27.3mph – max 33.3mph – average HR 131bpm – average cadence 103rpm
1:40 - .760 mile – average 27.4mph – max 31.3mph – average HR 136bpm – average cadence 104rpm

So I biked for 1:01:47 for a total mileage of 19.5 miles with an average speed of 19.0mph. My average HR for the ride was 117bpm with max HR being 154bpm during a short repeat. My average cadence was at 94rpm with a max cadence of 113bpm. All in all it was a really good bike ride, the bike felt good as my body felt good also on the bike…

b

2 comments:

Tea said...

Sounds like your coming back!

I'm trying to decide if I should even do my Sunday race. It's just so so cold and wet. When the race starts, it'll be low 40s. It's only a sprint, so when we finish...it'll be what? mid-40's? :)

Sonia said...

Very happy to read the the bike is back right on time for the olympic tri! Good luck tomorrow morning!!