"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Thursday, August 7, 2008

the last post about steelhead 70.3...

Ok...I promise this is my last post about the 2008 Whirlpool 70.3 (duathlon)...been there, done that...

My blogging friend Steve has been kind enough to me to allow me to post some of the great pictures he took last Saturday at Steelhead as he was cheering on his wife whom raced also and the rest of us participates...thanks Steve!!!

Here's a photo he took as all us racer's as were walking back to the transitition after the call was made by the RD to cancel the swim portion...the waves, whitecaps, chop were bad but the under-tow/rip-currents were really bad :-(



the masses as we left the beach area...



alot of triathletes during the final 13.1 mile run...



and the picture of the quarter mile finishing line chute...soft sand is not what you want to see at the end of a 70.3 race...plus we had to run this stretch of sand on the opening 2.1 mile run...sadistic it was for us racers :-)


and my favorite shot he posted (taken by his friend) was the one of Steve "high fiven" me as I started my second loop around the corporate Whirlpool campus...it was great to see Steve out there for motivation during the half marathon run portion and you sure couldn't miss him by his outfit...classic...

Hope everyone enjoyed these photo's Steve allowed me to post-up in my blog :-)

b

1 comment:

Sonia said...

2.1 miles in sand? Man no matter it was a killer half!