"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Sunday, August 17, 2008

long run morning...

Saturday morning:

K & I headed down to the lakefront for our usual Saturday morning CARA Chicago marathon training run group sessions. We both decided to just run the 17 mile distance instead of the 19 mile advanced group was running as we needed to save a little energy for Sundays Olympic distance triathlon. I decided also to run with the 8:30 mile pace group instead of my usual 8 minute mile group once again because of the race tomorrow and because I have raced distance events over the last two weekends already.

I felt good during the lakefront 17 mile run as dropping down in pace give me a chance to access my current endurance training abilities. I felt strong the whole distance and picked-up the pace over the last couple miles on the run. I finished solidly with a run time of 2:22:09 which is a mile pace of 8:21 with a nice average HR of 127bpm and a max HR near the end of the run of 147bpm.

After I completed the run I went out into Lake Michigan to cool off in the water to simulate an ice bath for about 30 minutes. I found K after that as we headed home where I took another 30 minute ice bath with 14lbs of ice to help speed up recovery.


After that we both headed up north to get set-up for our triathlon on early Sunday morning...

b

1 comment:

Tea said...

How did the race go? It was today, right?