"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Monday, August 11, 2008

some training over the last week...

Tuesday evening 8.05.08:

Headed over to the health club pool to test out my recovery from the HIM and I'm happy to report all went well with the 1200 meter swim workout...but I used the pull-buoy & hand-paddles to de-activate my legs and foceused 100% on upper-body strength building. Below is the short swim routine:

10 laps with pull-buoy
15 laps with pull-buoy & hand-paddles
5 laps with pull-buoy


Weds morning 08.06.08:

1st easy recovery run since half IM and surprisely my legs and body feel fine. Ran 3.7 miles around the neighborhood region at a recovery easy pace of 34:29...

Thurs morning 08.07.08:

Another easy recovery run on a nice cool morning run at a slightly quicker pace for 4.7 miles in 40:28...body feels good :-)

Thursday evening 8.7.08:

Went out to the bike shops usual Thursday evening repeat night with the group to loosen up my cycling legs. I was forced to stop riding after just 12.3 miles due too my bottom bracket on my tri-bike making some serious grinding/creaking noises...none of this was happening at Steelhead so it just hit me out of the blue. I just forced to get my bike into the bike shop later Friday evening because I'm most likely going to have to replace the bottom bracket...parts would need to be ordered so the Tri I'm signed up for on August 17th is now possibly a no-go...time will tell.

So the 12.3 miles I got in were in 39:33 time wise for a speed of 18.7mph and average HR was 109bpm with an average cadence of 93rpm...

Friday mid-afternoon 8.8.08:

K & I headed down to Lake Michigan for an open water swim off the beach at Ohio St. at about 2pm. The winds were strong from the northeast as the chop on the lake was strong plus the waves bouncing off the concrete walls made for some unique cross-wave action to swim in...The swim out to the half mile buoy was intense & rough and as we turned around to head back the waves were strong but it was slight push current. We finished the one mile swim in 42:47 with my average HR being 107bpm. It was a good day for open water swim class...

Saturday morning:

K & I headed down to Montrose Harbor for the CARA marathon training roup run that we were both attending at 6:30am this day. She paced her group for the whole 11 miles as needed and I decided to run with the 8:30 pace group and only run 6.1 miles for the day since I was running CDC the next day.

My run was comfortable especially since I moved down to the 8:30 pacing plus my legs felt fine. After I ran out with the group I turned around just pasted the 3 mile out and then turned the pace on slowly but at a comforatble level. I finished the 6.1 mile run strong in 50:05 for an average pace time of 8:12 with an average HR of 128bpm and a max HR near the end at 146bpm.

Went home and took an ice bath to prepare for CDC the next day...

b

2 comments:

Sonia said...

Wow that sucks about the bike, at least it didn'T happen during your big event. Great training!!

Thanks for your message on my blog, I feel a lot better about it this morning. Shitt happens to the best of us... lol

Tea said...

How'd the CDC go?