"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

still digesting saturdays 70.3 duathlon the race...



I hope to have a full Steelhead 70.3 race report written up and posted later tonight as I'm still thinking about the events that occured last Saturday in Benton Harbor...thanks for your patience & understanding...

Above I have posted my Polar HR monitor graph just from the Steelhead 56 mile (?) biking portion...I'm a techy guy as I like to analyze this information after the fact for future training/racing purposes. The one variable I watched during the biking portion was my HR zone to make sure I wasn't pushing too hard on the tri-bike so I would have energy left for the final 13.1 mile run. I rode the whole course well within my comfort zone not pushing it like I was racing a cycling Time Trial event...I would say that I rode the distance at approximately 65 to 70% zone of my cyling ability. It was a great ride portion of the event :-)

According to my Polar HR monitor biking information my ~55 mile bike split was 2:31:27 for an average pace of 21.8mph and my max speed was 35.9mph. My average HR was at 145bpm which is my biking endurance zone with max HR climbing a slight hill into the wind (windy all ride!) 155bpm. My average cadence I rode by perceived effort level (PEL) which was perfect for me at 98rpm and a max cadence during one of the rolling hill climbs of 116rpm.

One thing though about the Steelhead bike in/bike out section of the course from transition chip mat till where you could actually get on our bike and off your bike was about a 300 foot walk/run with your bike...didn't like that!

b

1 comment:

Steve Stenzel said...

Dude, that's a CRAZY bike average!!!