"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Thursday, October 2, 2008

rabbits everywhere...

Thursday morning:

After deciding yesterday to give my body some more rest which was greatly needed I decided this morning to go out and run my 800 meter intervals in our neighborhood region. It was 46 cool degrees with a slight NNE wind so I wore my CW-X running tights with running shorts over them, a dri-fit long-sleeve shirt, dri-fit lightweight skull cap and gloves. Start time was at 6am in total darkness with an easy mile warm-up as the rabbits were out galore this morning…as the bunnies were zipping around all over the place I was wishing I had their speed but for 26.2 miles of it ;-)

I ran 4 by 800 meter repeats with 2 minute recover jog in-between each. Below are my repeat times, average & max HR per repeat also…

800 meters – 3:31 – AHR 140bpm – MHR 145bpm
800 meters – 3:24 – AHR 141bpm – MHR 147bpm
800 meters – 3:27 – AHR 141bpm – MHR 149bpm
800 meters – 3:19 – AHR 143bpm – MHR 152bpm


After the repeats I ran a cool-down mile at a recovery pace. The repeats didn’t feel so bad but I really did not push myself 100% as to preserve my running legs for the Marathon on October 12th. My speedwork towards Chicago has not been top-notch this year like last years preparation. Last year I ran a very similar workout at the same time before Chicago were I ran 6 by 800 meters all in the time range of 3:12 to 3:16…what a difference a year can make.

As always taking one run at a time…

b

3 comments:

Tea said...

That's very true, but if the weather is cool versus crazy hot (on race day) those few seconds slower can turn into seconds faster on race day.

Sonia said...

Yeah a year makes a big difference and it sucks when it means you're slower LOL

But you've recovered from a bunch of small injuries and that's something you can't predict.

I can't believe the race is next Sunday!!

Trishie said...

Great workout!

I watched something (on the Discovery Channel, I think) where runners (in Africa, again -- I think) run around to catch rabbits as a workout ... and then catch them... and eat them.