"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Saturday, October 18, 2008

NYCM and just beyond...

Well now that the Chicago Marathon 2008 version is in the history books it's time to start-up a new interim blog with a few objectives to obtain.

1st on November 2nd 2008 I shall be running in the New York City Marathon with my wife Kristen...I cannot wait to share this experience of this race with her since we have both not run in this race yet at this time. Also this will be the 11th marathon for each of us as were now in the double digits 'thon wise :-)

After New York I will allow a very proper recovery timeframe from any sort of structured running training program. I'm am continuing to see my Sports Orthopedic Chiropractor for my lower back and glute/leg/foot pain. I will probably during this down time have a MRI done of my L4 & 5 herniated discs to see if they have worstened over the last several years since my last MRI...

The only race I'm currently signed up for in 2009 is the Indy Mini Half Marathon as I will not be doing a spring marathon in 2009. K and I plan on tackling the Steelhead half IM in August 09 again for payback to a proper HIM...I would like to race a second half IM somewhere in 2009 but I have plenty of time deciding on that thru the late fall/winter months...also K & I plan on racing a full IM in 2010 which I'm so looking forward to this new challenge :-)

Thanks for following my path and course with my training/racing as always...

b

2 comments:

Sonia said...

What a great way to celebrate running your 11th marathon!

Trishie said...

so awesome that you and your wife are running this together! and IM 2010?! awesome.... know which one yet? ;)