"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

twice is nice...

Monday morning:

Since my swimming & biking was not existent this past weekend due to various reasons I decided to wake-up early this morning to make the most of the sunny and 64 degree temps before work to get in a nice 4.1 mile recovery run. Quite a relaxing run I might say after a hectic weekend of events. It was nice just to get out and run with really no specifics to the run especially after the last two marathon training cycles following the very structure to the tee FIRST programs…So the run time was 34:24 with an average HR of 119bpm.

I will attempt at lunch today to go swimming at the health club…hopefully its re-open!

Monday high-noon:

Got to the health club and yeah...the pool was open so I planned on a specific pull-buoy, hand paddle kinda workout since I only have so much time to work with here. Below is the quick swim w/o:

10 laps with pull-buoy
5 laps with pull-buoy and hand-paddles
5 laps with pull-buoy
5 laps with pull-buoy and hand-paddles
5 laps with pull-buoy


So I covered 1200 meters in a rushed workout during lunch which was good in two ways; made the swim feel more like a tempo pace and got in some good upper-body training...

b

No comments: