"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Sunday, June 15, 2008

lakefront mileage...

Saturday morning:

K and I headed down to the lakefront by Montrose Harbor for our 1st official CARA Chicago Marathon traing session. K took it easy as shes recovering from illness plus she went to p/u her pacer package shes doing that again this year.

This year once again I'm running with the CARA 6am group but with the 8 minute mile pace group at least thru half ironman training/race time. Normally I would run my LSD distances with the 8:30 pacing group. With the temps slightly cooler but higher dew points that early in the morning I comfortable and at home with the group of 9 runners.

We ran 9.1 miles in 1:13:15 for a pace of 8:03 per mile so we were almost on key pace here. The good part has my average HR for the duration was 135bpm with a max HR in the last half mile during a pick-up of pace purposely of 151bpm. I looked at my training calender from last year when I ran with the 8:30 pace group and my HR was almost identical if not slightly higher for the same distance at the lakefront...hopefully this is a sign of better fitness this year ;-)

b

No comments: