"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Monday, June 30, 2008

running for food...

Saturday morning:

Once again K & I headed out quite early to Montrose Harbor by Lake Michigan for our Saturday morning CARA marathon training programs. I start at 6am with the 8 minute mile group as a participate and K starts at 6:30am with that session as a pace leader for the 10 minute mile group so she gets in a couple more training miles before her session starts.

This week only our one pace leader was present and held us right out of the start area to a strong & consistent pace. My running legs finally warmed up quicker this week as the temps were warm & humid and I was able to handle the pace comfortably thru our 8 mile scheduled run for the day (down week). Our last 3/4 quarters of a mile was slightly slow as were had to take a detour from our normal running path due to a larger running race in the area. I got thru the 8 miles in 1:04:17 for a mile pace of 8:02 with an average HR of 136bpm and a max HR at 150bpm. I felt good both during and after the run just like the previous week…

Afterwards a group of 12 of us runners went out for a really great breakfast off of Montrose...

b

No comments: