"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Monday, June 23, 2008

another brick in the wall...

Thursday morning:

Once again I woke-up to picture perfect running weather to start my run at 5:30am and it was 52 degrees with no humidity, beautiful weather yet again. So in our neighborhood I ran just over two miles to warm-up then I started my 800 meter repeats with 90 second recovery walk/jog after each times 4 and finished everything off with just over a mile cool-down run. Below are my repeat times with average & max HR values:

800 meters – 3:25 – AHR 135bpm – MHR 143bpm
800 meters – 3:22 – AHR 137bpm – MHR 146bpm
800 meters – 3:22 – AHR 140bpm – MHR 147bpm
800 meters – 3:16 – AHR 141bpm – MHR 152bpm


My total mileage covered this morning was 5.7 miles in 48:02 with an average HR of 123bpm as the cooler, crisp air helped with these values. This is a run I used from Hal’s adv.I/II marathon training program since I choose not to go to the coached track workout last night to give my body a break from those intense workouts. This morning’s run felt really good especially as my body is slowly healing itself as each week goes by

Tonight I plan on the participating in the biking group repeat sessions once again…

Thursday evening:

After work I headed out for the group cycling ride repeat night near our local bike shop. The temps were perfect tonight with a strong crosswind out of the west. The 2.2 mile parallel (one way) street loop is connected by two There was a group this week of about 40 riders at peak time which are mostly roadies once again with just a few of us triathletes/duathletes/TT’ers. So I pick some blank air where ever I find it away from the group riders whether it be on the repeat and/or the recovery mile. Also you will notice my repeat distances are different and that is because I would pick-up the wide & slower moving peloton at different distances so I would have to back-off the speed and cut the repeat short.

Last night I had a situation that hasn’t happened to me in a while which was just at about mile 11 during a recovery section my front 170psi tire tube blew-out abruptly like someone shot off a 22 caliber rifle as I was cruising at 20mph. I carefully coasted to a halt and took out my replacement tube, CO2 canister plus adapter then changed the tube and was rolling again in just under 6 minutes lost time. I eased back into my pace after a couple miles to make sure everything was ok with the front tire/tube assembly.

I really didn’t keep a total of my repeats as I was more focused on getting an overall quality paced distance ride so below are the repeats I have Polar lap data on (I was bad with the lap counter this evening) distance with time plus average & max mph and average & max HR values:

.75 of a mile – 1:42 - average 27.3mph/max 30.1mph – AHR 145bpm/MHR 154bpm
.8 of a mile – 1:45 - average 26.7mph/max 27.6mph – AHR 150bpm/MHR 153bpm
.6 of a mile – 1:30 average 25.3mph/max 26.4mph – AHR 143bpm/MHR 148bpm
1 mile -------- 2:22 - average 26.2mph/max 31.1mph – AHR 140bpm/MHR 147bpm
.85 of a mile – 2:08 - average 24.2mph/max 27.5mph – AHR 146bpm/MHR 154bpm
1 mile --------- 2:29 - average 25.1mph/max 29.3mph – AHR 148bpm/MHR 152bpm


I rode for 27.9 miles in total time of 1:23:06 which is an average pace of 20.1mph. I felt tired out there last night during pretty much the whole ride duration maybe due to the morning repeat run but I think it’s because I have been training a lot of double workouts this week. On my cool-down couple miles both my calf muscles knotted up at different times which is an indicator that my body had enough for the night…it was a different ride night that is for sure.

b

No comments: