"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Friday, June 13, 2008

bikin stuff...

Thursday evening:

Well I attempted to go swimming at lunch since our health club is right across the street from work and as I when to the check-in desk the club had a sign stating "the pool is closed on Thursday June 12th and Friday June 13th"…so much for that training for a couple days…I have never seen this at the health club during the last 3+ years I’ve been a member there…

With the threat of strong t-storms all day the weather actually held out so I could head out for the group cycling ride repeat night near our local bike shop. The temps were at 90 degrees, high humidity and a very strong southernly wind with gusts. There was a group of about 35 riders at peak time which are mostly roadies with just a few of us triathletes/duathletes/TT’ers being in there hence the roadies ride mostly in a peloton group even on the repeat mile. This of course is of no benefit to me since drafting is illegal in tri’s, du’s and tt’s so I pick some blank air where ever I find it away from the group riders whether it be on the repeat and/or the recovery mile. Also you will notice my repeat distances are different and that is because I would pick-up the wide & slower moving peloton at different distances so I would have to back-off the speed and cut the repeat short.

I did a total of nine repeats but I’m not listing the first 2 below because I used them as warm-ups for my legs so below is repeats 3 thru 9 with average & max mph and average & max HR values:


7/10ths of a mile – average 28.8mph/max 32.5mph – AHR 134bpm/MHR 142bpm
6/10ths of a mile – average 30.4mph/max 33.0mph – AHR 138bpm/MHR 147bpm
5/10ths of a mile – average 29.1mph/max 31.0mph – AHR 129bpm/MHR 155bpm
9/10ths of a mile – average 26.1mph/max 30.2mph – AHR 122bpm/MHR 135bpm
1 mile --------------- average 28.3mph/max 30.5mph – AHR 151bpm/MHR 154bpm
7/10ths of a mile – average 30.8mph/max 35.8mph – AHR 146bpm/MHR 152bpm
1.1 mile ------------- average 29.5mph/max 33.6mph – AHR 148bpm/MHR 154bpm


I rode for 23.2 miles in total time of 1:11:17 with an average HR of 126bpm and a max HR of 155bpm plus my average cadence was 91rpm & max cadence at 112rpm. I felt strong out there last night especially when I finally got into some really free air with no one around me on the last 3 repeat/recovery 2.2 mile loops. Also I was very happy my legs were fine especially since I ran the Yasso 800’s the night before…a happy night out on the tri-bike.

b

No comments: