"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Friday, June 27, 2008

stifling...

Thursday morning:

I skipped last nights track workout basically because I felt completely exhausted and worn out. My sports chiropractor appt the night before was a really intense MAT’s treatment focusing 100% on my neck/shoulder area since I was having problems there a lot over the last couple days especially since the long bike ride…but the good news is the added rest day made me feel 100 percent better than yesterday.

So this early morning I planned on running my 1000 meter repeats as I would have done at the track workout last night. As I headed out the door to start my run at 5:15am this morning the weather got warm & sticky overnight with no wind, 76 degrees and 100% humidity so I left some Gatorade/carbo-pro mix for rehydration purposes by our door. After my mile and a/half warm-up I needed to hit the bottle of fluids since the conditions were very stifling. Also when I got into my repeats I would jog home during the 90 second recovery time and drink some more after each set of two repeats, I did a total of six - 1km repeats with a 90 second recovery walk/job between each.

Below are my repeats times with average and max HR values per each:

1000 meters – 4:21 – AHR 136bpm – MHR 143bpm
1000 meters – 4:18 – AHR 137bpm – MHR 144bpm
1000 meters – 4:28 – AHR 139bpm – MHR 146bpm
1000 meters – 4:20 – AHR 140bpm – MHR 149bpm
1000 meters – 4:29 – AHR 144bpm – MHR 149bpm
1000 meters – 4:24 – AHR 144bpm – MHR 150bpm


Luckily our house is on a perfectly symmetrical one mile sub-division street oval so I have already had all my repeat distances memorized for years now. My 1km repeat times were not as consistent as I would have like to seen this morning but the good news is I got the quality workout in the training journal for the day.

Afterwards I took a 20 minute ice bath to help aid with recovery and to cool off my body core temperature due to the weather element as I plan on riding with the cycling group for repeats this evening…

b

No comments: