"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Friday, February 29, 2008

nice...

Thursday evening:

After a day of rest from exercising on Wednesday I went right to the health club after work last night to get in my weekly repeat workout per the FIRST schedule I’m following for the Athens Ohio marathon (see link below). Last night I had on the prescription plate a mile w/u then a 1k repeat at 4:03 pace with a 400 meter recovery walk/jog then into a 2k repeat at 8:26 pace with a 400 meter recovery walk/jog then into another 1k repeat at 4:03 pace with a 400 meter recovery walk/jog then into the final 1k repeat at 4:03 pacing and to finish things off a mile c/d.

Confusing yes but 1st you have to break-up what is a kilometer:

1km = 1000meters = 0.6213xxxxx…miles


Then run that properly on a treadmill…yikes!

Below are my specific distance & times with average & max HR values:

1km – 3:59 pace – AHR 146bpm – MHR 153bpm
2km – 8:16 pace – AHR 148bpm – MHR 157bpm
1km – 3:57 pace – AHR 151bpm – MHR 158bpm
1km – 4:00 pace – AHR 151bpm – MHR 159bpm

I was quite surprised at how well the repeat session went for me last night as I was able to meet or exceed my required pace while running the whole 6 mile total distance at a one degree incline. The pace for all repeats felt comfortable for me as I was able to quicken the speed as each repeat progressed so I was really able to bump my VO2 max zone on each one. I wish all speed work routines felt this great...

So Friday is my scheduled usual rest day so I can run a properly paced 4th – 20 miler Saturday morning at the lakefront bright & early…

b

http://www.furman.edu/first/2006%20marathon%20training%20program.pdf

1 comment:

Tea said...

the only coversions that I can do, and it's because I have it memorized:

2.4m swim = 3862m = 4224yards

therefore a 100m swim = 109yards.

I'm sure this information will truly be important at some point in my life.