"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

tempo this!

Monday evening:

I went home for a couple hours before heading back out to the health club to get in my weekly required FIRST tempo run which was a scheduled to be a six mile total run with the opening mile as a warm-up and then a 5 mile tempo portion at a ~7:29 mile pace. The commute there was interesting because it just started to snow heavily after a afternoon of sleet/freezing rain/slush/icy precipitation so the roads where pretty much a glazed hockey rink!

The club was quiet but wouldn’t you know it the only other person in the large fieldhouse treadmill area was on my favorite treadmill…go figure. So I used the treadmill right next to her but I was not able to turn the large oscillating wall fan on because walkers on the treadmills get too cold when the fans are on…I kept my thoughts to myself as I blasted onwards with my speedy workout…rant over :-)


Below is my run time for the 5 mile tempo with mile pace and average & max HR values:

5 miles – 36:29 – 7:17 pace – AHR 140bpm – MHR 151bpm

My total run time was 44:55 with a pace of 7:39 (my w/u mile was 9:15) and an overall average HR of 134bpm. It my look by the numbers that I met and exceeded the pace for my workout but I could only run the first 2.5 miles on a one degree incline and after that my fatigued legs forced me to drop down the rest of the distance to no incline at all. This is the first time during this whole marathon training cycle that I have not run a treadmill workout at a minimum one degree incline so I was feeling very guilty for doing this I attempted to compensate with a quicker mile pace over the last two miles. Also to be honest I’m abit concerned because my legs have not been recovering well over the last week like they normally would.

Another tough workout is in the books though…

b

No comments: