"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Monday, February 25, 2008

Lead for legs...

Sunday mid-morning:

Woke-up still feeling pretty fatigued especially from the hilly 15.4 miler on Saturday in Cary, IL. It was a scheduled swim day anyways so K and I headed over to the health club mid-morning to get in the swimming workout. I had been feeling guilty that I have not swum in 3 weeks so it was a nice change of pace from all the running and biking stuff I have been doing. So I really didn’t have a specific swim workout planned, I just went along with how I felt in the water so below is what took place:

10 laps w/pull-buoy
5 laps w/hand-paddles and pull-buoy
5 laps w/hand-paddles
20 laps freestyle


So I covered 1600 meters worth of swimming at an aerobic, comfortable pace level. K is way faster then me at swimming plus she covered 50 laps in the same timeframe I covered my 40 laps…

It was nice to be back in the water once again and focusing on building up my swimming base towards the half ironman which isn’t till August 2nd 2008. Even though I felt like leaded concrete in the pool it was nice to get the workout in the books...

b

No comments: