"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Thursday, February 28, 2008

more like it...

Tuesday evening:

Week number 2 of cycling class “@threshold” was on the agenda and my legs were feeling still beat up like a couple of trucks rolled over them during the workday. Plus my knees were starting to get past the achy point and really starting to hurt so I had no idea how I was going to feel in cycling class. I knew before even getting on the bike that I was not going to attack this session…just survive it but the funniest things happen sometime as I was riding my 10 minute warm-up my legs felt good.


The "@threshold” class is a 90 minute training program focusing on raising your cycling threshold level with a lot of 4 minute 90 to 105% repeats thrown in throughout the 90 minutes and a 16 minute plateau tempo session near the end between 90 to 115% of your current cycling ability wattage which mine tested at 282 watts. Also toward the 2/3rds mark of the class we had 6 - 15 second "stomps" up to 150% of your wattage threshold tested, good fun once again as I really enjoy these for some reason.


I focused on slightly lower cadence during this ride duration. In the 90 minute class I averaged a cadence of 89 rpm with my max being 125rpm and during a "stomp" (max wattage then at 678) plus my average HR was 119bpm with a max ride HR on a 15-second 150% stomps was 154bpm. My mileage covered during this session was 26.3 miles for an average rate of speed of ~17.5mph.


The funny thing about the workout was I actually felt much more in control than last weeks opening cycling session for this class. I felt great when it was over with plus I wasn't exhaust like last week...ya just never know how your body's gonna work during a training session!


b

No comments: