"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

ah snow...

Well our region got hit with about 4 inches of fluffy lake michigan effect snow later yesterday afternoon for which the weather forecasters did not even expect...so now over the last two days their 0 for 2 in the prediction arena...


To the left is a photo of my 'ole dinosaur triathlon bike in it's indoor winter training trim & set-up. I use a Kinetic Road Machine rear wheel resistance trainer for spinning purpose's in the house. I'm also currently enrolled in a once a week - 6 week Computrainer class program at my friend's local bike shop...more to follow on that topic later! Since I am currently training for a early spring marathon I bike between 2 to 3 times a week to maintain my cycling base which works out perfectly with the running program I follow because if fits right in on my cross-training days.

Last night I spun on the trainer for a recovery 42 minutes within a very easy gear range to maintain a lower heart rate zone to help clear out the runner's "dead leg syndrome" I was feeling all day yesterday...mission completed!

b

No comments: