"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Monday, February 25, 2008

hills in illinois?

Saturday morning:

I decided to drive up to Cary, IL where the March Madness half marathon that a few of us v-teamers are racing in three weeks time. I needed to run 15 miles at a ~8:20 pacing but the hills out there make you re-evalute your pacing . About 5 people from my track group showed up to run various distances but alot of other people were running that day to prepare for March Madness. About a total of 20 of us runners headed out on the course at 8:30am as I hooked up with two other guys that were running in my pace zone. In was a sunny 27 degree morning with little wind which made for perfect training weather.

Below is my total time, mile pace and average & max HR values:

15.4 miles - 8:33 - AHR 133bpm - MHR 151bpm

My pacing was quite abit slower than where it should have been due to several variables; the hills, socializing on the run with the folks I ran with and I was pretty fatigued even before I started this run. I had a tough week of training last week leading into this run and I wasn't fully recovered from those Thursday night 1200 meter repeats...

Still it was great to pre-run the race course, meet some new friends and run a new LSD course besides always running the Chicago lakefront path and Barrington Hills...

b

No comments: