"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

mothers day...

Sunday morning:

Woke-up very early with all intentions of going down to the lakefront to run my training ten miler but once again Mother Nature forced me to go to the health club at 7am to run it on the treadmill. It was raining ‘tons with very high winds and quite cold for this time of the year…not an optimal time to run outdoors hence why I choose the treadmill to get this run over with early on Mothers Day morning

So I hopped on my favorite treadmill and turned on all 3 TV’s in my viewing region (not may people there on a Sunday morning) as I could watch the live Formula One race from Istanbul Turkey which just so happened to start at 7am our time zone…bonus to watch my F1 Ferrari’s! By coincidence the race ended just as I was on my last quarter mile of my treadmill ten miler run.

During the 10 miles I varied the incline of the ‘mill from 0%, .5% and 1% all the time and changed the pace quite abit while I was running. I went thru alot of hydration while running since the health club seems to be always warm and muggy plus I took one vanilla hammer gel at mile 5. I completed the ten mile run in 1:18:46 which works out to be a 7:52 mile pace with an average HR of 142bpm. My max HR occurred at about mile 9 of 155bpm as the warmth of the health club had gotten the best of me while attempting to run near a 7:30 mile pace so I backed off the pace.

One thing I have noticed the last two times that I have run on the treadmill is that it really wears on my body much more so that running outside. The rest of the day yesterday my lower back, left glute, left hamstring and left calve were killing me…so no more treadmill running for me till next winter

b

No comments: