"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Friday, May 2, 2008

ez doz it...

Thursday morning:

This morning I woke-up early to get in a very easy 3.3 mile training run after two days of complete rest and acupuncture on Tuesday evening. It was 45 degrees this morning when I strolled out the door at 5:30am so I wore my CW-X compression tights to help hold together my lower back, glutes, hammies and calves together properly plus a long-sleeve tech shirt with a skull cap. Based on the 5 day specific taper cycle I’m following for Indy this Saturday I just need to run at a very easy pace for 30 minutes max this early morning.

I ended up meeting the goal for the day except I went for 31:00 minutes in the 3.3 mile distance for an average mile pace of 9:23. My average HR was perfectly in a low recovery, easy zone of 116bpm with a max HR at 120bpm. Tomorrows run I can run the same distance at a more moderate pace so it was good that I held to the program today…it’s all part of a taper program I use to hopefully peak on the 3rd day back from resting.

As for how my body felt during the run this morning I would love to say a lot better but the same pains were still present at a slightly reduced rate but then again I ran only for a very short time & distance…tomorrow mornings run will be the next test before race day on Saturday. I have to give this acupuncture treatment a few more days before I can judge it to more detail but I will have to say my ibuprofen consumption has lowered since the treatment…as always I will keep you posted!

b

No comments: