"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

some training info...

Thursday evening 11.20.08:

Headed over to the health club to run on the indoor track after work but GI issues all day and into the evening cut this run short to an interrupted several times 3 miler in 26:11 with an average HR of 121bpm…not a fun attempted run…

Saturday morning 11.22.08:

Kristen & I headed over to our friends house in Lombard for the group gathering for their annual 8 mile run on the Illinois Prairie Path with a wonderful breakfast set-up for afterwards. I ran with K’s "Bandit" group as they call themselves during the winter/spring training month’s post-chicago. We all ran the 8 miles together in 1:17:23 with my average HR at 115bpm. Afterwards we had an awesome breakfast feast and socialized with everyone as all the girls are planning on running the Pig Marathon next May…great time :-)

Sunday morning 11.23.08:

As Tecumseh approaches quickly I headed back out to the hills of Barrington to get in a mid-distance long run for the weekend as I prepare for the hilly trail marathon. It was a perfect day for a run as I saw several groupings of deer near the mansions of this beautiful region. I covered the hilly 10.6 mile loop in a comfortable time of 1:34:19 which is a 8:53 mile pace plus my average HR was at 132bpm…it was a great way to cap-off a good weekend of running!

Tuesday evening 11.25.08:

After work I ran a recovery run in the neighborhood for 6 miles in 54:49 with an average HR of 123bpm. Both of my hamstrings were screaming at me so I forced myself to run at a total recovery pace…hopefully this feeling won’t last the rest of the week ;-)

b

3 comments:

Sonia said...

Hope the hamstring recovers quickly. You've been a running machine this week after a long hiatus, no wonder your body is not cooperating! LOL

Tea said...

Brian....I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Every year, Mike makes the dogs their own thanksgiving meal plate....with me pretending not to see and just shaking my head.

Trishie said...

Great runs, B. Love the video of the dogs playing in Lake Michigan (btw, I used to live in Racine, WI -- right on the lake)