"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Monday, November 17, 2008

the cold winds and hilliness...

Sunday morning:

I needed to get in a semi-long run this day as I’m gearing up for the Tecumseh trail marathon (Bloomington, IN) on December 6th 2008 which is 5 weeks post the NYC marathon we ran few weeks back plus the Chicago marathon was just 3 weeks prior to that race…confusing…yes ;-)

So I headed out to Barrington Hills for a hilly semi-long run for which I started at 6:30am while the sun hasn’t even hit the horizon yet this time of the year. It was a crisp 26 degrees but the winds were quite strong out of the NNW at a constant 18mph. I also carried my Solomon twin water bottle belt as hydration/nutrition is critical on this loop run. Plus I added some mileage and extra hilliness early on into the training run to the loop distance since I hear this trail marathon is quite a challenge. I ran the training run at a comfortable pace from the beginning to the end.

I covered 15 miles in 2:13:44 with an average HR of 134bpm and my max HR was near the end as I was heading towards the parking area at 151bpm on a slight downhill. I felt mentally strong getting in a good semi-long run just two weeks post-NY as I plan on running Tecumseh as a fun run for the experience…

b

3 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

Nice run! Sounds like a brisk day!

Tea said...

Bri--I love those cold runs....well, maybe not with strong winds!

Good luck on 12/6! (Thanks for the email. It was good to hear from you. I've been slacking off with blog reading.)

Sonia said...

Trail marathon? You're completely nuts!! Hope your foot and other issues are better. Good job getting back into it. I am so jealous. I walked all day and my foot is sore =(