"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Thursday, November 13, 2008

i have finally returned to exercising...

Tuesday evening 11.11.08:

Ok…so this was the first bit of any sort of exercising I have done since running the New York City Marathon with Kristen on November 2nd 2008…my body needed the much needed rest from exercising as my running legs felt very "flat" at the NYCM…

So afterwork on Tuesday evening I decided to run on the health club track based only on time instead of specific mileage…I haven’t run on the HC in about 18 months time so it was a very nice change of pace. Five laps on the indoor track make up one mile in distance so it’s pretty nice for an indoor track set-up. The night before I was at my sports ortho chiropractor doc so she really beat up my legs with the MAT treatment session for which you feel sore for two days after the treatment.

I took the run easy to help heal up my legs as I ran for 45:22 for which I covered 5.2 miles during this time frame with an average HR of 130bpm. The run felt good to at least tell me I remember how to run but I’m still suffering from the same problem since April of this year – severe left glute & hamstring pain while running which really limits my pace & stride capabilities. It’s frustrating to say the least

b

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Good job getting back at it... injuries are definitely very frustrating... maybe it's time to take drastic measures to get rid of the problem??? That's what I am trying right now.... not a days go by without me thinking about running though.........