"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Friday, March 28, 2008

spun done...

Tuesday evening:

Tuesday night was the last session of the 6 week bike training program that I signed up for at a local bike shop in our area which was round number two for me this winter season. I provided a link here to Village CycleSports website that has detailed info about all their winter program courses: http://villagecyclesport.com/ and I have a also provided a link to the CompuTrainer website which is the equipment they use for this training:

The class I’m taking on Tuesday nights is know as "@threshold" which is a 90 minute training program focusing on raising your cycling threshold level with four - 4 minute 90 to 120% repeats thrown in throughout the 90 minutes and a couple 16 minute plateau tempo sessions near the end that ranged from 90% to 115% of your current cycling ability wattage which mine tested six weeks ago at 282 watts.

I focused on cadence the whole ride because the wattage rating changed much too quickly and over a larger number span. Since you do not shift during this class its easier to focus on this 100%. In the 90 minute class I averaged a perfect cadence of 89 rpm with my max being 132rpm during a "stomp" at the end of the first plateau (max wattage then at 596) plus my average HR was 122bpm with a max ride HR on one of those 110% plateau sections was 152bpm. My mileage covered during this session was 27.2 miles for an average rate of speed of ~18.1mph. My Polar speed transmitter was in-consistant so don't follow the graph on that detail Above is my usual techy graph for your viewing pleasure from my last class session.

That sure was a great 6 week cycling session of CompuTrainer classes so all together I had 12 weeks of high quality cycling classes since the first week of this new year...

b

No comments: