"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Sunday, March 23, 2008

grrrrr...

Tuesday evening 3.18.08:

Week number 5 of cycling class "@threshold" was on the agenda and my legs were feeling still beat up like a couple of trucks rolled over them during the workday. It was the 48 hours after a tough workout achiness to my legs from the Sunday & Monday workouts. I’m not as young as I used to be so my body’s recovery process is taking a little longer these days.

The "@threshold" class is a 90 minute training program focusing on raising your cycling threshold level with five - 4 minute 90 to 110% repeats thrown in near the beginning of the 90 minutes and a couple of 17 minute plateau tempo session near the end between 95 to 120% of your current cycling ability wattage which mine is tested at 282 watts. So I focused on basic survival in this cycling training session.


Right off the bat during the 12 minute warm-up portion as the percentage got higher on the power scale for myself I could barely turn over the pedals on my bike via my wattage rating so I had our coach turn down my wattage to 220 (wimpy me) which allowed me to spin-out the dead leg syndrome in my lactic acid feeling legs. So finally by minute 27 my legs felt better so I had Coach Tom turn the wattage back to a conservative 250 watts for my training ride which I was able to finish out the class ride duration with no problems.

And I’m sorry to say that I have no high tech info this week also from my "bad" Polar HR monitor since it would not pick-up my heart rate signal from my fully functional transmission chest belt. The only thing that worked on the Polar HR monitor watch was my cadence reading which is provided to us riders on the CompuTrainer projection screen anyways…grrrrr and it wasn’t user error...

I can gladly say that our last indoor cycling class in next Tuesday evening. I’m planning on racing a 20k Cycling Time Trial in Southern Wisconsin on April 13th to test out my winter trained cycling legs…


b

No comments: