"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Saturday, March 22, 2008

ouch...

Monday evening 03.17.08:

Right after work last night I went to the health club to get in my prescribed FIRST tempo run for the week on the treadmill. I had on the plate a six mile run with the opening mile being the warm-up and then right into a 5 mile tempo run at an approximate ~7:29 mile pace. My legs weren’t feeling that bad during the day after running a 20.1 hilly LSD run on Sunday morning but that all changed when the belt on the ‘mill started turning…below is my 5 mile tempo time, pace with average HR & max HR info:

5 miles – 36:30 – 7:18 – AHR 140bpm – MHR 148bpm (last qtr mile)

All I can say is…OUCH! The main leg muscles that were screaming were my quads which obviously were tired for the long, hilly run the day before. I was only able to run the first 2 miles at a one degree incline on the treadmill but at mile two I promptly went to ZERO on the ‘mill incline to save my quads from further agony…that helped a lot. My total 6 mile run time was 45:38 with an average HR of 135bpm.

The other thing about last nights run was since I have not run indoors let only on the treadmill indoors for two and a half weeks so it was incredibly hot & humid in the health club last night…I guess that I have already been spoiled to running outdoors in the nice cool weather.

I needed to run that tempo run yesterday because tonight I have my coached cycling class session for 90 minutes @threshold...

b

No comments: